Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It has been a while since I made this yummy dish, but here it is:


Easy Chicken and Dumplings






about 3 cups cooked chicken
6-8 cups chicken broth
2 cups flour
2 Tbs. butter
1/2 tsp. baking powder
salt to taste (I just shake some in)
about a cup of milk, maybe a bit less
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.  Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender.  Stir in the milk, mixing with a fork  until the dough forms a ball.
Heavily flour a work surface.  You’ll need a rolling pin and something to cut the dumplings with.  I like to use a pizza cutter.  I also like to use a small spatula to lift the dumplings off the cutting surface.

Here are my dumplings after I cut them out.
My little princess "helping"


This recipe was very easy and very tasty. I might recommend adjusting seasonings to your taste. I always make it to the recipe the first time, then adjust seasonings the next time. 


Thank you, Earth Home Cooks for sharing and thank you for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment